VitalStim® Therapy is a safe and effective treatment for patients suffering with difficulty swallowing or dysphagia.
It was developed in response to the 15 million Americans living with dysphagia today.
It is a non-invasive, external electrical stimulation therapy. It is designed as an adjunct modality while simultaneously working with the patient on swallowing exercise.
Works with Patients that are having trouble with:
- Used as an adjunct to traditional swallowing therapy, VitalStim has been found to:
- Be safe and effective for patients
- Accelerate the recovery time from a restricted diet
- Help patients achieve sustained improvement and long term results
- Helps improve neuromuscular control required for normal swallowing function
- Addresses muscle disuse atrophy often associated with swallowing dysfunction
For more information about VitalStim, click here.